Home | FAQ | About us | Contact us | My business credit | Score Planner | Privacy

Do I need an EIN or federal tax ID number in order to get credit in the name of my business?

No, you do not need an EIN or a federal tax ID number in order to apply for credit in the name of your business. You can just use your social security number.

If you would like to request a federal tax ID number, please contact the Internal Revenue Service for Form SS-4. You can download this form from the IRS web site at If you would like more information on establishing and building a new business, you can visit the Small Business Administration website at For more information on taxes related to starting a business, please visit the IRS's business tax site at and your local tax attorney.

Provided by:

First Equity
First Equity is a leading credit card provider specializing in the provision of bankcards to the nation's small businesses.

<< Previous question

<< View all >>

Next question >>

Related questions

Business credit monitoring gives you all this:

  • 24/7 monitoring of your company's Experian credit score
  • Automatic email alerts of any unusual activity in your company's credit report that might indicate fraud
  • Unlimited access to your company's most up-to-date credit report and score

Search for your business and sign up today.
Company name

Fresno, CA, 93706 or Austin, TX or FL
My company Other company
Advanced search

Send us a suggested topic at: .