Common Questions and Answers

Do I need an EIN or federal tax ID number in order to get credit in the name of my business?

Answer :
No, you do not need an EIN or a federal tax ID number in order to apply for credit in the name of your business. You can just use your social security number.

If you would like to request a federal tax ID number, please contact the Internal Revenue Service for Form SS-4. You can download this form from the IRS web site at If you would like more information on establishing and building a new business, you can visit the Small Business Administration website at For more information on taxes related to starting a business, please visit the IRS's business tax site at and your local tax attorney.

Provided by:

First Equity
First Equity is a leading credit card provider specializing in the provision of bankcards to the nation's small businesses.

5 Reasons to Monitor Your Business

Business owner

  • 24/7 monitoring of your company's Experian credit score
  • Automatic email alerts of any unusual activity in your company's credit report that might indicate fraud
  • Unlimited access to your company's most up-to-date credit report and score
  • Dark Web Surveillance
  • Business Fraud Resolution Support

Related questions

What are the advantages for maintaining business credit separate from personal credit?

What are the key features of a commercial credit line for my business?

Are the costs of business credit tax deductible?

What is the most convenient type of credit for my business?

Do you have more questions regarding Experian business credit reports? Return to the home page of for more commonly asked business credit questions, additional resources, and special offers to help you manage and grow a business.

You may also view our full list of frequently asked questions by visiting this page.
Like to see a new topic covered? Send topic suggestions to: .

Find us on Linkedin    Find us on Facebook    Find us on Twitter    Find us on YouTube    Find us on Instagram